Wednesday 16 April 2008

Priorities

Writing is my number one hobby and my most satisfying pursuit. That's why it's such a pity that it's right on the bottom of my list of priorities.

Things that come before my writing, and why.

-My family (because what's the point of anything else if you don't have family?)
-My friends (because they come just after family)
-Housework (because otherwise eurgh)
-Cooking (or we don't eat)
-Washing up (or I can;t cook the next meal)
-Shopping (or there's no food to cook)
-My health (everything before this has to be done whether I'm up to it or not)
-My Volunteer activities (because they're scheduled)
-My dance lessons (ditto)
-Writing comes somewhere here...

*sigh*

If anyone has a suggestion as to how I can re-jig things so writing falls higher up the list I would be very grateful to hear it. In the meantime my health has put the kibosh on everything so instead I am blogging about why I'm not writing. How productive is that? <-- not a rhetorical question...

No comments: