Friday 17 October 2008

Inspired

So what inspires a story? That’s a hard question to answer because it changes each time I write a story. Sometimes sheer horniness is the inspiration, but that’s rare. It happens when I’m keyed up and sex is being denied, so the frustration grows greater and greater until all I can think about is sex. When I reach this stage I find myself fantasising continuously and inventively and it is in this state that I create some of my long-running sex-fantasies, which eventually get too hot to stay in my head and have to be written down. “Tease” – the story I’m currently editing – was conceived like this, as was the next story to be worked on, “For Love Or Money.”

However this is by no means the most reliable method of inspiration, especially not now I’m married to a handsome, sexy man who satisfies me pretty much whenever I demand it – my frustration just doesn’t reach boiling point any more. Something which I find sparks off ideas more than anything is the simple need to write a story. On Literotica, for example, they run a story contest called Survivor which encourages authors to create as many stories in a year as possible and gives extra points if they are in different categories.

When I was a contestant in Survivor I attempted to fill every single genre of erotic story, it was this that led me to explore categories that I had not personally found erotic or exciting – or even palatable – and try to create a story around them that would excite me as a reader if I happened across it. It was this attempt that led to the creation of “A Bad Influence”, my ‘first time’ story that is due to be released on Excessica next Monday. Having created this first time tale, I grew attached to the characters and felt that a first time could only lead to a second and third and so on – and what would happen then? I was compelled to follow them for a little longer and watch as the character who had been so sweet and innocent grew to be even filthier than the original bad influence!

Pictures can also inspire stories, and not necessarily by just looking at them. I was thinking, the other day, about a photograph that I would like to create and whether it would be good as a book cover for any of the things I’d written. Having realised that it wasn't, I was disappointed, as it seemed ideal as the cover to an erotic story. Only one thing to do, I decided, and that was write a story to go with the photo. Now if only I could find a title so I could tell you what the story is called…

No comments: