Wednesday 26 November 2008

November really is a dreary month. The weather is grey, getting colder and the clocks go back so what little daylight we have is foreshortened by an hour. Summer is a long time behind you, the joys of wearing your winter wardrobe have worn thin and Christmas is still a long time coming, even though it seems to be on every TV and shop-front you go near.

Where I currently live there's no fireplace, nor am I allowed to have pets so that's two of my favourite ways to stay warm and pass a November evening gone - no fire, not cat to pet. Only one option left - snuggling up under a feather duvet or three with a good book and a special someone... and the good book isn't essential ;-)

If you're feeling as glum as I was yesterday and the constant grey gloominess is getting you down, then take a leaf out of my book and go to bed early - it's good for your health, believe me!

1 comment:

Asylumgirl said...

I hear ya! I get so tired after daylight savings ends that I start dozing while watching television which is not something that I normally do.

No fireplace, how do you live without one. LOL

Deidre