Sunday 30 November 2008

When I grow up

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a traffic warden, because I thought they got to keep all the money people put into the machines. There are all sorts of jobs that people want to do when they grow up, just off the top of my head I can think of-
-ballerina
-president of the world
-fireman
-astronaut
-owner of a sweet shop
-Willy Wonker himself
-train driver

OK, I'm all out now, but I think you'll find that nowhere on that list is 'Erotic Author' likely to appear, and yet it turns out it's a job I really love doing as an adult. I suppose, if pressed, I might admit that, just as I thought a traffic warden got to keep all the money, perhaps a teeny part of me had assumed that an erotic author got all the sex -- no -- all the interesting sex.

Whilst this has not necessarily turned out to be so as a general rule, things seem to be looking up. Bring it on, says I, cos I like my job!

No comments: